Chris Ververis, Colorado State Coordinator
email@example.com, (530) 324-2643
Sign up to March here! – The Great March for Climate Action welcomes anyone to join for any amount of time on the journey across the nation! Can you join for 1 day? 1 week? 1 state? To learn more about marching check out this FAQ for Prospective Marchers!
Marcher in the Home – Interested in providing a Marcher with a place to stay in Colorado Springs?
In Colorado News: The Colorado Springs Gazette, KRCC, KRZA
June 10: Rally and Procession!
Let us know you’re coming through the Facebook Event!
- 5 PM: America the Beautiful Park (map): Join the Marchers for a rally procession through downtown! Bring your signs and banners!
- 5:15 – 5:45 PM: Banner procession through downtown displaying the call for action on climate change now! MAP of Route
- 5:45 – 7:00 PM: Acacia Park (map): Join the Marchers and the community to hear from the Marchers and learn from local leaders making Colorado Springs a more sustainable place! There will also be music! Bring your signs and banners! Organizations tabling: Sierra Club, Colorado Renewable Energy Society, Citizens Climate Lobby, and Great March for Climate Action.
MC: Steve Saint, Green Cities Coalition
Faith Meckley, Marcher, from New York
Kat Haber, Marcher, from Colorado
Mary Barber, Fort Carson
Scott Harvey, Green Cities Coalition
Rev. Nori Rost, All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church
Nazli McDonnell, MD PhD, Science Against Drake
Jane Ard-Smith, Sierra Club
Bonnie Ann Smith, Colorado Renewable Energy Society
Music: Laurie Dameron!
Music: Climate Justice Gypsy Band (the Marchers)!!
- 7:30 – 9:00 PM: All Souls Unitarian Church (map), Dinner and Continued Discussion: Join us for a potluck dinner! Did the rally inspire you to act on climate change? Do you want to learn more about what YOU can do in your community? Join us for a continued post-rally discussion of climate-related issues and solutions and learn from local leaders and the Marchers about what YOU can do to make a difference! Please do bring some food and drink to share with others if you can.
June 11: Stay Day in Colorado Springs
- Monthly Sustainability Breakfast – hosted by the Peak Alliance for a Sustainable Future and Sustainable Fort Carson
Breakfast Conversation Topic: CLIMATE CHANGE & LEADING CHANGE
Time: 7:30AM – 9:00 AM
Location: Ivywild School, Wildcat Room, 1604 S. Cascade Ave, Colorado Springs
About the Event: Join Jane Ard-Smith, Sierra Club, Pikes Peak Group, to discuss how to LEAD CHANGE by collaboration and building coalitions with other people and organizations with similar passions. Marchers will join in on the discussion! Coffee and baked goods are available for purchase down the hall from the Wildcat Room. Seating is limited.
Link for the event
Want to keep up with these monthly events? Follow Peak Alliance for a Sustainable Colorado on Facebook!
- Would you like to invite the Marchers to participate or speak at an event? Contact Chris Ververis to help organize activities for the Marchers to engage with the community and inspire action on climate change!
Supporting Organizations for Events in Colorado Springs: