Start date: May, 2013
End date: December 31, 2014
Type: Full time, salaried employee
Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed
- A proven track record of delivering fundraising success, including funds from major donors.
- Knowledge of developing a fundraising plan and excellent project management skills.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions and take the initiative, as part of managing a complex and varied workload, and tenacity in seeking results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and a high level of representational and negotiation skills.
- Friendly and professional speaking voice with strong phone etiquette skills, positive and energetic attitude.
- Creative, flexible character and a generator of new ideas.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Attentive to details.
- Demonstrate commitment and progress to climate sustainability in personal lifestyle.
- Take the full responsibility to lead in initiating, planning, and implementing of all necessary fundraising activities, in a timely manner, to ensure that program goals and objectives are accomplished.
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy to secure revenue for the organization, including setting priorities and intermediate and final goals.
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
- Make risk analyses and balance time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Office Manager to account for budget and cash flow considerations.
- Work with Communications Director to ensure consistent message and provide input to improve and develop communications material, such as brochure, website, poster etc.
- Work with March organizing team to identify and recruit appropriate business partners.
- Research and identify potential donors and fundraising activities.
- Make initial contacts, and follow-through of securing available funding along with the coordination of all optional funding opportunities, such as donations of goods.
- Liaise with organizing person for profile-raising events.
- Develop and coordinate web-based fundraising, such as online auctions, merchandise sales or donation websites.
- Create fundraising plan for use by marchers so they can recruit sponsors.
- Identify tasks for volunteers to assist with fundraising goals, and manage volunteers assisting in fundraising capacities.
- Create and manage donor databases.
- Ensure letters of thanks to donors are written and sent.
- Due to the nature of the work environment, it is required that all staff members perform duties beyond their job description, to reach overall goals of the organization
TO APPLY OR FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT ED FALLON AT firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 35-MARCH.