Chris Ververis, Colorado State Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org, (530) 324-2643
Sign up to March here! – The Great March for Climate Action welcomes anyone to join for any amount of time on the journey across the nation! Can you join for 1 day? 1 week? 1 state? To learn more about marching check out this FAQ for Prospective Marchers!
Marcher in the Home – Interested in providing a Marcher with a place to stay in Denver?
In Colorado News: The Colorado Springs Gazette, KRCC, KRZA
Join us in the
March on the Capitol
The Climate March will march from Littleton to the Capitol
straight down Broadway
Save the planet — take public transit, bike, or walk to meet us!
Can’t find us? Call a Marcher:
- Jeffrey Czerwiec, (515) 505-2974
- Jerry Stewart, (703) 999-2634
- Jimmy Betts, (262) 235-3276
Location #2 – Time: 11:45 – 12:00 PM
Moe’s Original Bar B Que, 3925 S Broadway, Englewood, CO. Meet in the parking lot!
Next leg of the March: 2.4 miles, 1 hr 15 min, MAP
Location #4 – Time: 4:00 – 5:30 PM
Colorado State Capitol, 200 E Colfax Ave, Denver (map)
—- Meet us on the West Steps for the rally!
June 16: Rally, Procession, Symposium, and Celebration!
- 4:00 – 4:30 PM (informal): The Climate Marchers will arrive early for the rally!
Join us for music and fun as we enjoy being each others company before the rally begins!
MUSIC: Climate Justice Gypsy Band (the Marchers)!
- 4:30 – 5:30 PM: CLIMATE RALLY on West Steps of Capitol Building (map): Join us to hear from the Marchers and learn from local leaders making Denver a more sustainable place! There will also be live music! Bring signs! Organizations tabling: 350.org, Sierra Club, Citizens Climate Lobby
Music, 4:30 PM
Speakers, 5:00 PM
MC: Jonny 5 from the Flobots
Ed Fallon, Climate March Founder & Director
Berenice Tompkins, Climate Marcher
Judy Todd, Climate Marcher
Isaac Rivera, 350 Colorado
Karen Dike, Rocky Mountain Chapter of Sierra Club
Michael Dowd, author, Thank God for Evolution
Chris Ververis, Colorado State Coordinator for the Climate March
- 5:30 – 6:00 PM: Banner procession through 16th Street Mall to the EPA building displaying the call for action on climate change now! MAP of Route
- 6:00 – 6:20 PM: Short EPA Rally @ the Alliance Center (map): Hear directly from the EPA about the recently proposed Clean Power Plan to reduce carbon emissions from existing U.S. power plants!
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 8 Administrator
- 6:20 – 6:40 PM: Banner procession continues to Mercury Cafe!
MAP of Route, *procession will arrive a bit late to the dinner and symposium*
- 6:30 – 8:00 PM: Dinner and Symposium Event, Mercury Cafe, Downstairs (map): Have dinner and discuss climate issues and solutions with many of the Denver community leaders helping to solve the most pressing environmental issues in Colorado! $10 vegetarian buffet dinner!
Want to buy a Marcher dinner? Consider Donating to help us cover our costs
Topics — Speakers
Hydraulic Fracturing — Karen Dike, Sierra Club
Keystone XL & Tarsands — Isaac Rivera, 350 Colorado
Moving Beyond Fossil Fuels — Russell Mendell & Bob Castellino, ClimateColorado.org
Fossil Fuel Divestment & Reinvestment —Simón Mostafa, Fossil Free Campaign
Politics of Climate Change — Harry Hempy, activist
Environmental Law — Andrea Gelfuso, environmental lawyer
Renewable Energy — Climate Marcher
Transportation — Climate Marcher
Voluntary Simplicity — Climate Marcher
Right Relationship with Earth — Climate Marcher
Spirituality — Climate Marcher
Direct Action — Climate Marcher
Food — Climate Marcher
Jobs — Climate Marcher
- 8:00 – 11:00 PM: 350 Colorado Climate March Celebration, Mercury Cafe, Upstairs (map): Hosted by 350 Colorado – Evening to include screening of “A Fierce Green Fire” and live music! Suggested donations at the door with portion of proceeds going to the Climate March!
June 17: Stay Day in Denver
- Government Engagement Training with special guest Great March for Climate Action — hosted by Clean Energy Action
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Location: First Presbyterian Church, 1660 Sherman Street, Denver
About the Event: Clean Energy Action is bringing together Denver community members and students to use our momentum for climate action to demand energy policy improvements from our state legislators. This 2 hour training will teach attendees the steps for having effective meetings with their state legislators, give participants the opportunity to organize groups for future visits and allow participants to sign up for legislative visits on the spot.
Link for the Event, and the Facebook event!
- Would you like to invite the Marchers to participate or speak at an event? Contact Chris Ververis to help organize activities for the Marchers to engage with the community and inspire action on climate change!
Supporting Organizations for Events in Denver